The other day I was putting the second tablespoon of butter on my second piece of toast when I got a weird glance from my boyfriend as he said with surprise - "𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫!"
Years ago, I would have felt embarrassed or at the very least uncomfortable with that comment, but not anymore.
My answer to that comment was – “𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭? That’s because most people don’t know the right tricks on how to eat it for their health!”
Most people who struggle with food and weight think this way:
I am going to be healthy!
Breakfast: Fruit or fat free yogurt
Midnight snack: large pizza, mac and cheese, a gallon of ice cream!
Does that sound familiar?
What if I told you that if you let yourself have butter, carbs and some healthy sugars in the morning you would not only have more energy for the day, but you would feel so satisfied physically and emotionally that at the end of the day you wouldn't have those cravings!
And since you had those foods in the first part of day, chances are, your body will get to burn them before you go to bed, so you can have a more restful sleep!
I am not advocating having a pizza and ice cream for breakfast, BUT if you know that you will have them in the evening, why not switch up the timing and have them in the morning? Try and see how you feel.
You may be surprised that by allowing yourself to have anything you want, your body will naturally stop when it's full and will let you know what foods make it feel the best.
For me sometimes, it's one or two pieces of gluten-free toast, kerry gold butter, peach jam and a few fresh berries. Other times it's a smoothie with almond butter, greens, banana, fruit and superfoods. When it's cold outside, I may have an oat bran cooked with almond milk and topped with butter. It all varies.
The main point is allowing yourself to have those foods in the morning and satisfying the cravings for those food groups. Then breezing through the day knowing that you are worthy of having good, yummy food and don't need to rebel or eat junk because you are not restricting yourself.
How does that concept feel to you? Please share with me!
Why ask me?
- After many challenges and different crazy life experiences I am living my dream life and since my friends say I am pretty wisdomous and I think I am a little bit funny too, I want to share my life approach with you so you can live the life you love as well.
Here is a little bit about me:
- I am a creator of #1 Best Diet as selected by Harpers Baazar Magazine
- I started my career in the corporate world and didn't even know how to peel a shallot
- I have been a chef for celebrities for over 10 years
- I have a realistic approach to food and life
- I have a great relationship with food and can even let chocolate go bad because I simply forget I have it at home (something I wasn't able to do 10 years ago)
- I eat carbs whenever I feel like it without any guilt
- I used to hate to cook and now absolutely love being a private chef and a food relationship coach
- I wear whatever clothes I desire no matter what everyone is wearing or thinking
- I am in good shape and my body’s biological age is 13 years younger than the one in my passport
- I have experience being super poor, super wealthy and in between
- I’ve worked in corporate world and am now an entrepreneur
- I was married and divorced
- I used to cry going to work because I was so miserable with my boss
- I’ve had an emotional eating disorder
- I moved from Russia to USA alone at the age of 15
- I’ve lived in Russia, Europe and on both coasts of USA
- I have been super skinny and overweight
- I have been insecure and unhappy with reasons and secure and happy for no reason
- I used to wear glasses and healed my eyes with the power of thought and exercises
- I created "Couture Nutrition®" so you can have tailor-made solutions for your body and soul
- My brain usually comes up with jokes to soften stressful situations
- I think color coordination, sparkles and rainbows are underused